Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1st Day of School

Maddi's first day of KindergartenToday has been braught to you by the letter B and the number 5. Listen for today's Word on the Street, "BORING"
Well I can't believe the day finally came and went. I didn't even cry. I think I was so nervous and proud that I couldn't cry. We'll see how it goes but for now I'm ok. She's the big 5 and starting a new era.
POSING FOR PICTURES: Katie is mad here because she wanted to hold Gunner for the picture.
DROP OFF: Maddi was so funny, she wouldn't eat or drink anything before school. I kept pressuring her, because I didn't want her to go to school hungry. I even offered her water in the car, but she declined. I said Maddi why don't you want to eat or drink anything? To which she responded that she didn't want to have an accident. I told her that they have bathrooms at school. But she wasn't sure that she would make it on time, so she just didn't eat. What a clever child!
AT SCHOOL: Maddi got to pick out 4 folders she could rotate during the year. But today she wanted to take her "Troy" folder because, "otherwise life would be ruined"
PICK UP: When I picked up Maddi from school she was sitting with her friend Sawyer. She told me that her old teacher Miss Briney was back. Last spring went I went to observe the classroom the teacher was going to be Miss Briney. But she got promoted and Miss Bornowski is her new teacher. But she thought Miss Bornowski was Miss Briney. She was really upset after spending the whole afternoon with her and then I dropped the ball that she was Miss Bornowski and not Miss Briney. She said, "I just hate that, that is so BORING"

THE REPORT: Maddi was so proud of herself today. She got to wipe off her own desk. She got to play on the 1st and 2nd grade playground. She thought that all the work she had to do was BORING. But she was so excited for her first homework assingment; draw a picture of herself. As soon as she walked in the door she wanted to start it. She was so mad when I told her to put it back in her folder when she was done, so she could turn it back in the next day. She said, "No mom, this is for just me." I said,"Is it your homework? Your teacher sent a note home saying that if you didn't turn in your homework assignment you would have to sit out for recess." After she complained and called it, "Boring" she finished it and then put it back in her folder. The little symbols in the lower left corner, are the parts she has; legs, hands and smiley face. Everything else is just decoration. She was so glad to be done with it that when she put her name at the top she wrote, "Maddi THE END"
This video is kinda long, and sorry but this is where Maddi wanted to do her homework, and the best chance I had of taking video while she sat still. It's still really cute.

1 comment:

danberg said...

Yeah for school! Sorry Maddi that it was so BORING :) She is adorable, and what a cute outfit you picked out Felicia! I love it! I bet Katie missed her :)