Friday, August 22, 2008

My first ambulance ride.....

Yes, I got a first class ride to the hospital.....
Last Friday we decided at the last minute to make a quick run to the cabin. It was so pretty and rained and hailed on us. Everyone had a great time. But while I was there I overworked myself, we reorganized the kitchen and I made a really yummy breakfast and turkey dinner for everyone, but didn't get much sleep. By the time we made it home late Sunday night I was exhausted and now had a cold.
Adam was working all Monday and Tuesday, and I was trying to run the household and take care of the kids, and I ran my body straight into the ground. I called Adam for help. He picked Maddi up from school, but then told me that the pool was leaking and had to take care of it. I know he was working like crazy, and feeling the stress of the business and many other things, but by this time my body was done.
At 7pm he took me to urgent care but by the time we made it there I was no longer responsive. The last three hours before that I was on a one word basis. Getting Adam to take me to the urgent care sounded something like this, "Mom", "Slippers, White", "Drag ME" Adam filled in the rest.
So when I didn't respond to the Dr. yelling at me, they called 911. I felt my heart panic, because I mentally could hear and could think clearly, I just couldn't get my mind to cooperate with my body. I couldn't walk, talk, open my eyes or stand, I lost all muscle control. I felt pretty lifeless. They got me hooked up on iv and oxygen and put me in the ambulance. At this point I didn't care what they did, I just wanted to be fixed. In the ambulance I remember my hand fell down and I was mad that no one would pick it up and put it back up. But other than that I don't remember anything else until the hospital when I pulled out my oxygen, and I don't know why?
At the hospital my Dad and Adam gave me a blessing and they ran blood work and did x-rays and gave me a breathing treatment and ran my vitals at least 7 times. Everything was normal, small fever, but normal. They concluded with, it must have been something viral treated it like bronchitis and sent me home, where I found sticky things all over my body. I guess that is something they did. So I've been in bed all week. Only getting up to take care of the necessities.
I feel so grateful for Adam and what a wonderful man he is, for the power of the priesthood, for my family who has been so helpful and for my children, my every reason for living. And for my health, I'm getting it back slowly. I'm glad to live in America where, technology, medicines, and freedom of religion are such a privledge.

7 comments:

Turley Family said...

Wow! That is scary! You need to make sure to take care of yourself. You are not superwoman! I am glad that you are getting your health back. After Regan was born (4 weeks ago) I was feeling pretty good and I started cleaning the house and just trying to keep things organized, but after doing that a few days or so and not being able to take naps since I have a 4 year old that no longer does my incision started to bother me & I just started to not feel as great as I was feeling. Long story short I realized that I needed to take it easy (I did just have surgery- I did always want to be wonder woman!) and only worry about the important things. So now I live in a messy house! ~;o)

danberg said...

wow girl, you need to take it easy! glad you are feeling better, and hope you keep getting better. offer still stands, please call me if you need help, or for me to pick up katie for an afternoon of fun! :)

Dana said...

Wow! Girl you need to take it easy! I'm so glad you're ok (at least I hope you are!) Thank goodness for family and modern medicine! I'll pray for you.

The Kriloff Klan said...

I've called a few times, but I am glad you are doing better now!! Please let me know what I can do to help!

Quader's said...

Wow Felicia that is incredibly scary. I am so glad you are doing much better. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help..

Kleinmans said...

Poor Lici! You need your big sis to come take care of you!!

Peter Lee Family said...

I am so sorry that you were that sick, I had no idea. Please let us know if you need help with anything. I hope that you are feeling better.