Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stryker

STRYKER How Stryker got his name... well when you name your first son Gunner, you set the bar a little high. I went on the prowl looking for something equally as tough. I looked through tools, military websites, guns, the thesaurus, the encyclopedia, family geneology, cars, trucks, weapons. I came across the Stryker, the Stryker is a transport/combat tank used by the army. The way they describe it is Agile, fast and strong. A fleet of Strykers can quickly deploy a Combat Brigade, maneuvering nimbly, providing covering fire out in the open. It can be customized for a wide variety of missions, like Medical Evacuation, Engineering Squad transport, and Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) launches. As soon as I read this, I knew that is what I wanted my son to be. I told Adam, I don't really care for Stryker, but how about Ryker. Unfortunately we know a Ryker, and so Adam being Adam didn't think that was unique enough, and so Stryker was born.


The Boys getting their baths
Gunner loves to hold Stryker, and he tries to be gentle. He loves his little brother so much.





3 comments:

Kleinmans said...

What a handsome boy! So glad to have him in our family!!

Ammon and Desiree said...

He is such a very Handsome Man!!!! It is so much fun to see all of the fun pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!

danberg said...

he is too cute! and has changed so much since i saw him a week ago! :)