Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day



I feel so lucky to be the mother of three wonderful children. Each Child is such a blessing. The Prophet David O Mckay once spoke so sweetly of his mother and how she would tuck him into bed so gently every night. And how much he loved his mother, because she was so gentle and kind. Someone once said, when you hold a child, you hold a nation in your hands. Adam gets mad at me when I spend so much time putting the kids to bed, and read them the extra story, or sing songs, or snuggle too long with them. But I wouldn't give up that time for anything in the world. It's my favortie time of day or night, we have the best talks. That's when they are most attentive to my teachings, and when they have my full attention and I have theirs. Being a mother is the greatest gift God has given me. And it only makes me appreciate my mother even more. What an angel she truely is.

2 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

your little guy is getting big already... he's adorable, just like your girls!!!

danberg said...

Love that they know both songs! They are such precious girls! So fun to be their mom, they are sweet! And Gunnar is getting so bit - he is such a cutie! Hope you had the best mother's day!