Monday, November 3, 2008

Be prepared to show ID

So today I had to run by the WalMart and pick a few things up. I was in a real hurry because I was taking dinner to someone tonight and hadn't started on it yet. I had just picked up Maddi from school. She and Katie had to do a 15minute potty break, so I was already behind.
I darted for the self checkout line, thinking this would be the quickest way out. When I was approached by a WalMart Worker. She asked to see my card with ID. Which I showed her. She looked at it, looked at me, looked at it, looked at me. She continued for about a minute. I wondered why it was taking so long. Then she said, "This doesn't look like you" I paused for a second trying to read her expression. Was she serious? So I asked, "Are you serious?" She was.
I was at a loss for words as she kept scanning my photo and then me. She really thought I was a fraud! Here's where the self esteem meter starts to shrink. In her defense that picture was taken six years ago when I weighed 110 pounds, I had long curly hair, and was wearing makeup.
On this particular trip to WalMart, I weighed a good 60 pounds more, had no makeup, and my hair was pulled up in the usual scrag style I've become used to. So I tried to explain that's why it may not look like me. Feeling a little embarrased she tried to blow it off as though it weren't that I was so fat but bad lighting, and that I should have my picture retaken, because it really didn't look like me.
Now tell me, why the Hell would I do that? Excuse the expression, but why would I replace a perfectly hot picture. With a fat, ugly, overworked and underpaid picture? I have to have some hope that someday I might be back where I started from. And If the state thought it was that important to have current picture's they wouldn't have the experation date set 40 years from now.
So next time you are asked to show ID, be prepared for Judgemental June! She's out to get you! On the way home I called Adam and we got a good laugh.

5 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

thats horrible! I would not have handled it so well... however like your husband mine would have tried to make me laugh (probably not completely successful) anyway i'm with you on somday getting back to where we started i feel like i'm still on the downhill part for awhile though, but hey we have dang cute kids to make up for it =)

Peter Lee Family said...

LOL! That is a funny story-some poeple have no tact. You should have asked her for her I.D. and did the same thing back, or ask her if she has any kids and if she looks the same as she did before she had them. I can think of lots of things I would have done-you are a lot nicer than I am. Actually I wish I was there with you so I could have said something to her!

Kleinmans said...

Oh Felicia, I am laughing so hard. I love you and I still think you're smoking hot!!! =) xoxoxo

Angela said...

I second Michelle's comments!!! Besides, the real beauty is within, and you've got truckloads of that!
Ange

Quader's said...

Ah.. that happens to me everytime I am the DD for my party friends. We go to some club and the bouncer at the door makes me smile, pose the same and still looks at me like I have someone elses ID. I usually have to tell the man.. Why in the world would I bring an ID that looks so different if it was not mine???? My Id I weighed a good weight but had long blonde hair and tan. So now I had long red hair and braces... And recently cut my hair off and braces.. :) Fun times with ID :) Love your story though...