Monday, September 8, 2008

My wonderful artist


Anyone who has been to my house can attest to the fact that my children have free access to paper, coloring books, easels, chalk boards, dry erase boards etc. for coloring, drawing, painting... whatever. And they USE IT! We have chalks, markers, paints, pencils, crayons, you name it we got it. I love all the beautiful pictures I get all the time. But this particular picture was not drawn on paper or a board or a book... it was drawn on my carpet, with permanent marker. As creative as it is, it landed Maddi in time out for a long time today while mom got her cool.

6 comments:

Quader's said...

Ouch... That looks painful. Just a few weeks ago Austin got into Jarae's nail polish and I had pink nail polish streaming down my hallway.. OUTSIDE I belted got out my brand new bottle of Acetone free nail polish remover and dumped it.. Them Doused my carpet in water.. I know Adams eyes are probably bleeding at me doing all of this Ty was here and he was shaking his head at me. I scrubbed and it all came up.. Good thing for light carpet.. I think I was high from the fumes for the rest of the night but I was glad no more pink polish in my hallway. :) Kids they are great!

Kleinmans said...

Oh my gosh, I'd be so pissed. Poor Lici! Cut it out and frame it, maybe she'll be famous someday!

danberg said...

what an artist -- ahhhh! not looking forward to that stage in my house! :) at least you and your hubby know how to get marker out! i would have to call you!

Peter Lee Family said...

LOL! I am laughing so hard. What else could your girls possibly do to ruin the house! If the girls are this mischievious I can't wait to see what Gunner has in store for you.

Angela said...

I know you keep saying that Katie is the mischievous daughter, but your blog is proving otherwise...cutting Katie's hair, drawing on the carpet with permanent marker, looks like Maddi has a little troublemaker in her too! Love those cute girls!

Anonymous said...

I just got my carpets washed, all b/c Ethan likes to color all over mine. Thankfully they have access to washable markers and crayons!